Page Header

Thursday, August 7, 2014

So Sorry

I must admit I have neglected this blog and my group of crafters. Life happens and with it comes challenges outside of our control. As for me, I have been re-evaluating my life and thinking about what's really important. Since last year I had to attend a funeral every month with the exception of July. November through January were the loss of family members and this year it's been the loss of friends. July I've visited four people in hospitals and also offered support once they are home. This month is no exception to the funeral streak. It's been very hard to deal with so much loss. My faith has sustained me and so I am grateful to be able to be there for my loved ones and friends. In addition to all of this I've also started a new business venture which has occupied much of my time and energy. So as you can imagine life has been hectic and before I knew it months have gone buy. For being on my back bunner I'm so sorry.

I am grateful to you for your patience and hanging in there. I cannot promise to post as frequently as I did before but I will have weekly posts again. Creating handmade cards and actually gifting them has brough so many smiles that I just can't give this up.

This was my most recent greeting card for my long time friends that have just lost their mother. I used the MojoMonday sketch MOJO357.



To recreate this darling card I used My Mind's Eye 6"x6" Paper Packet called In Blossom. Below are the measurements.
  • White Cardbase: 4.25" x 5.5" folded
  • Grey & White Patterned Paper: 5.25" x 4"
  • Yellow Patterned Paper: 4" x 2.25"; inside lining 5" x 3.5" (not shown)
  • White Floral Patterned Paper: 3" x 1.75"
  • Pink Patterned Paper: 2" x 1.5"
  • Dark Grey Floral Patterned Paper: .75" x 6"
  • Banner (back of the Yellow Patterned Paper: .75" x 3"
  • Michaels' Paper Flowers
  • Stamp set used: Close to My Heart's Card Chatter- Sympathy - D1476 (retired)
  • Close to My Heart Grey Wool Ink pad (retired)
 
Next post is all about the NEW IDEA BOOK! I've already placed my order and my goal is to post before the month's out with all new creations.
 
Watch out for this month's deals!
 
Until the next time.... Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment