Page Header

Monday, November 26, 2012

57 Greeting cards in just 3 days!

Things become so hectic around the holidays. I feel like this year it just arrived too fast and I'm just trying to catch up. I have decided to create all my holiday cards and to create enough to send to our US troops. So I've forced myself to make time and the results were amazing. I created 57 cards in three sittings of 5 hours each. I will have to create more cards with a Hanukkah them and will share with you once they are completed. 

So you will receive weekly inspiration from now until Christmas. My cards will become simple to duplicate and I hope you will have just as much fun creating them as I did.  Below are the directions for the first installment for the week.



Above I create these greeting cards using the current paper packet Pear & Partridge and the retired embellishment packet called Mistletoe. Using the Cricut Cartridge Art Philosophy, I cut both the circles and the round ornaments. 

To create the card bases I used Colonial White 12"x 12" card stock and cut them to create cards that measure 5.5"x 4.25" folded. This allowed me to create two card bases plus extra card stock for stamping sentiments.

What are greeting cards with out stamping? I utilized two current stamps sets, Very Merry Christmas (S1210) and Merry & Bright Holiday (C1510), and two color ink pads, Cranberry and Everest Green.

To duplicate these cards just cut patterned paper and card stocks at the below measurements. Layer the pieces as shown in the picture, stamp your sentiment, and use an embellishment of your choice.
  • Wide With of patterned paper or card stock: 2.5" x 5.5"
  • Squares Base: 2.25" x 2.25", Inner Squares: 2" x 2"
  • Circle Base: 2",  Inner Circle: 1.25"
  • Thin bands (not banner): 1" x 4.25"
  • Sentiment mats (i.e., Let the Spirit of Christmas): 1.5"x 2.5"
  • Ornament: 1.75"
  • Banners: 1" x 2.75"
Happy Crafting! Francis Ames

No comments:

Post a Comment