Page Header

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Happy Birthday Card for Men

No matter how much fun it is to create frilly cards with sparkles, flowers, and butterflies I must say it can be fun creating cards for the men in our lives. We just have to think masculine. I asked myself how can I coordinate patterns of paper, use masculine embellishments to decorate a greeting card without it looking feminine.

Well I went through my scrapbooking stash and forgot I have the Victory Workshop on the Go kit just waiting and calling to be used. Sad to say ladies that this WOG is no longer available but the embellishments can still be used. Substitute the Victory paper packet with Tommy (X7169B) or the Dakota (X7157B) both current paper packets to create your unique birthday greeting cards.



 
The above greeting card was created following the CTMH Originals Book (9036) pattern called Winning Combinations. The greeting card measures at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" folded. The largest patterned paper measures at  4 1/2" x 1 1/2". The dark brown patterned paper measures at 1 1/4" squared and the Colonial White square measures at 3" x 2".
 
Embellishments used were the Evergreen Cork Shapes (Z1719), Natural Hemp (Z280), and Square Durable Studs (Z1705). The Happy Birthday sentiment can be found using current stamp (D1475).
The above card was created following CTMH pattern called Balanced Out.
I used Bamboo cardstock as my base, standard A2 card, and Colonial White cardstock measuring at 2" x 4 1/4". The Outdoor Denim cardstock measures at 1 1/4" x 4 1/4". The rich burgundy cardstock, Barn Yard Red, that goes vertical down the card measures at  2 3/4" x 1 1/2".

Feel free to recreate these quick and simple cards that have both texture and appeal. To order the embellishments featured here or the recipe book with many more patterns visit my website at http://FrancisAmes.ctmh.com
 
Happy crafting!
 



 






No comments:

Post a Comment