Page Header

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Rocking Birthday Card

So I decided to join a few more challenges this week and tried to combine several Split Coast challenge requirements into one project. Why not? When I first saw the below Splitcoast Stamper's Sketch Card, SC616, I wasn't sure what could I create. The circles in this sketch threw me off. What theme should I use? Baby? Graduation theme perhaps?


Perhaps a color challenge would surely help right... CC606 Dancing the Bermuda Colors.

Island Indigo
Calypso Coral
Bermuda Bay


I hit my stash of paper scraps to meet the color challenge inspiration. Lo and behold I found Close to My Heart paper where the colors were a perfect match.

Last but not least Simple Cards CAS400 had a Celebrations theme challenge. The challenge requirements were that the card must include the following...
C - Celebration theme (birthday, christmas, retirement, etc.)
A - Aqua (monochromatic blue/green color scheme)
S - Sparkle (add a touch of glitz)


Now searched through my embellishment stash I came across these musical notes stickers and guitar with glitter. Typing a sentiment on my computer I began to create this Rocking Birthday Card





Although it took a bit longer to combine all the challenges it was still fun to create and I love the end product.This is birthday card is unisex and that's useful to have a few greeting cards for men. I hope you enjoyed following my creative process.

Products used
  • Close to My Heart (CTMH) patterned paper with the talk bubbles for background 
  • Circles were from scraps (1 honey CTMH cardstock, 1 CTMH patterned paper, 1 Mellisa Frances [atterned paper)
  • Cloud 9 Patterned paper 
  • Recollections A2 card base and coordinating creme envelope
  • EK stickers Rock & Roll SPG056

No comments:

Post a Comment