Page Header

Monday, June 18, 2012

Color Ready Ribbon, Butterflies and Flowers

One of Oprah Winfrey's most popular show topics was "My Favorite Things". Well paper crafters I must admit these are SOME Of MY FAVORITE THINGS. Why? Because these items that can be easily colored to match any paper pattern, theme, and cardstock. The versatility is awesome and very cost effective.

One of MY favorite products is the Color Ready Ribbon. You can color this ribbon using your ink pad and a dobber. Another must have this summer are the color ready butterflies and flowers. They come in a neutral color with black newspaper like print and it just magically absorbeds ink. You can use any ink pad in your collection! Use it with chalks and spray water on them and watch the color spread. I just LOVE IT! I have even used markers but I find that the color is just to intense. Smooch them! (No, not kiss them) You can use the Smooch spray on them or any other color ink spray.

Don't have ink spray? Well let me help you with that. Use one of Close to My Heart reinkers (any color of your choice, add water, and put them in one of our misters). That's it! Spray and ink your little heart out. Love alcohol inks. Change the formula above by substituting the water for rubbing alcohol, 90% works best.



This is how small one of the butterflies come but the package includes larger ones too.

Now color them and check out how cute they would look in a card. I used Sweet Leaf and Juniper ink pads and dobber to add this color combination. First use the lightest color then layer it with any darker color of your choice. This pop up card below was designed by my friend and mentor Cindy Leek from Paper Pads and Pictures.



Last but not least, trust me you will love the color ready ribbon with its texture and ease of use. I've also included a YouTube video link that offers a short tutorial on how to color the ribbon. Just check out the video to see how truely awesome they really are.

If you must have it, feel free to contact through this blog or purchase online at my Close to My Heart site at http://www.francisames.ctmh.com/.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment