Page Header

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Father's Day Card Ideas Part 2

Okay, So I've promised some more Father's Day greeting card ideas and here it goes...

This greeting card is what I call an oldie but goodie. The patterned paper is Lucky and is no longer available for purchase. I was lucky enough to still have a few sheets left. I tend to reach out for it for a male themed project. I stamped the image from Live Inspired (C1408) another retired item from Close to My Heart but if it's in your collection it's time to dust it off and put it back into use.

The inside sentiment was created using the Close to My Heart (CTMH) stamp Tag the Occasion (B1362) and punched it out with the CTMH scalloped punch. There's plenty of space to write your sentiment. Did your dad inspire you to take off with your dreams? Is he a pilot? Maybe a song bird?

 

This next greeting card I took a few extra pictures because I had fun playing with stamping.  Again, I used Pemberly BT, Dessert Sand Card Stock, Colonial White Card Stock, Cocoa ribbon, and natural Baker's Twine.
  • To create the gear images I used the Close to My Heart stamp Vintage Type (D1481) and the Honey ink pad. I had yellow tone bling from many years ago and thought that was a great added touch. You may substitute it with brads for a more masculine look.
  • The star on its cover was stamped using (C1475) in Honey ink pad. I used a foam square to make this image 3D. Remember if you have the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge this can be modified by cutting out the star with your Cricut at 1 1/4 inches and make that the 3D image.
  • The word Father was stamped using the Outdoor Denim ink pad and Vintage Type Set Stamp.
  • You're 1 in a Million is just another great element that was created using stamp C1475.

 The inside of the keeps to the theme.

Again I used stamp C1475 to create the bottom right pattern. I used Dessert Sand ink pad so that the color won't dominate the space but just add balance. Repeating the gear patterns on the right using stamp D1480-Vintage Type. Don't forget to add something to the center of the gear.

The Father's Day sentiment is a repeating theme I stamped the sentiment many times using Tag the Occasion (B1362) and made an assembly of the circular tags for various Father's Day card. I used Outdoor Denim Ink Pad. The patterned paper used was Pemberly, the card stocks used were cocoa, dessert, and colonial white.
I believe this last greeting card is a great fit for the military dad with it's stars resembling metals and gears reminding him of his hard work being appreciated. In one word, it says thanks for being my hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment