Page Header

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Chantilly Scrapbook Layout

I'm sure you've been wondering what I've been up to. Scrapbooking of course! Yesterday was my husband's birthday so I had to of course focus on his birthday and the upcoming Valentine's Day festivities. I figured that the Internet would be filled with Valentine's day card ideas so I decided to take a different approach. I scrapbooked the people I love and included an intimate moment filled with love; the birth of my great-niece.


This layout is similar to the one featured in the new idea as to the layout design on page 18 but I made a few modifications. Did you notice the paper patterns I used were slightly different. They used more yellow card stock and did not mat their photos.I also used the Hollyhock Zipper Ribbon around the baby picture. One customer commented, "I saw the Zipper Lace but didn't know how I would use it. It looks so good around the picture." I got a nod from another customer. I've seen people use this type of product to create a flower on a headband. I wonder how you would use it?


For the second layout, again I used more of that darling patterned paper over the card stock. It's just so beautiful I had to show it off. 

What's not easily visible is that the dimensions and ribbon really make the page pop. It adds texture and visual interest.



Products used:
  • Chantilly Paper Packet (X7163B)
  • Chantilly Dimensional Elements (X7163C)
  • Hollyhock Zipper Ribbon (Z1826)
To order these products shop online at www.FrancisAmes.ctmh.com

The layout design is from the CTMH book 
Magic, layout Showtime.


No comments:

Post a Comment