Page Header

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Many Uses for Washi or Decorative Tape

Anyone that's recently scrapbooked with me will tell you that I keep mistakely call washi tape with wasabi tape. I think its because I keep craving for sushi? Although I may misprounced the name I certainly know how to use it! So I thought it would be useful to share with you some tips on how to use washi tape.

Washi tape is a decorative tape that can be used to use on greeting cards, and scrapbook layouts. There are many uses for washi tape and I have used them in the past to create
  • A banner on greeting cards or even scrapbook pages

  • Thread it through a tag to create an easy way to pull a hidden journal
 
  •  Make a rossette and embellish with a button as shown on the blog www.paperpadsandpictures.blogspot.com
  • Create a background out of various patterns and colors
  • Tape down photographs into your scrapbooks or Smashbooks
 
  • Tape the borders of your matted pictures or the front of your greeting cards

No matter how you use wasabi, I mean, washi tape I'm so happy to have some in my crafting stash. This decorative tape is very forgiving and can be repositioned to its appropriate location. Love that!

Thanks Close to My Heart for including Washi Tape (Z1817) in the new Idea Book because it's neutral color allows me to use it with any theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment