Page Header

Monday, August 19, 2013

Holiday Cards with Stamping Gear

In preparing for my Michael's Arts & Craft store class called Stamping Gear I decided to create a holiday card version of the class. It still teaches the techniques and uses their stamps. However, I had to use Close to My Heart products too. It's the only thing I brought along with me on my vacation.

I made four cards but wanted to show you my two favorites. I think you can see why these are my favorites.
This is a 6" x 6" card I used the small center gear and used Topiary and Olive Green Inks. Two stamps from the same stamp set was used. I matted this piece in Chocolate cardstock with an Olive Green card base.
For the inside I also matted the sentiment. This sentiment is from a Close to My Heart stamp called Merry and Bright, found in the current Idea Book.

The sentiment was stamped using Topiary pigment ink and topped with Gold embossing powder. I wanted a gold/green look so I heat embossed it. I love the way it turned out.

 
This card also measure 6" x 6" and I used the Stamping Gear and stamps to create this lovely affect. Whisper Cardstock was used for the card base, then Twilight cardstock for mat, Daisy White for the stamping base. The color I used to stamp these snowflakes was Twilight. The center snowflake is a Close to My Heart stamp called Snowflake, and can be purchased for only $2.95.  I used CTMH Silver Bitty bling on each snowflake.

The snowflake was stamped using Twilight Pigment Ink topped with Clear Embossing Powder. I heat embossed this image and added Silver Bitty Bling for sparkle. The scalloped background was cut out using a CTMH punch and Twilight cardstock.
 
 
The Warm Wishes sentiment is from a Close to My Heart stamp called Warm Wishes, currently featured in the new Idea Book.
 
What can I say Stamping Gear is fun but I still love my Close to My Heart products.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment