Page Header

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December time to send the Holiday Greeting Cards

I can't believe it's December already. I've been busy creating greeting cards to send. As time goes on my circle of friends have increase which is a wonderful blessing. Below is a picture of one of the interactive greeting cards that I've made and taught at my last workshop.

Featuring the Sparkle & Shine Paper PacketRed Shimmer Trim, Sparkle & Shine Washi Tape, stamp from the Frosted Card Workshop on the Go, Mary and Babe Stamp, Red Base and Bling Jewels, Silver Shimmer Trim,  Olive Ink Pad, Honey Ink Pad, Ruby Ink Pad, Bamboo Ink Pad, Black Archival Ink Pad, Whisper Alcohol Marker, Olive Alcohol Marker, Ruby Alcohol Ink Marker,
and




This is the inside of the greeting card.
In order to create this greeting card you must first own a Sizzix Bigz die#658038, Accordion Album. I cut six pages out using the Sparkle & Shine paper packet. I place all the pages with the tabs to the right. Tabs are then adhered to the back of the center page.

 

Using Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge cut out the center picture frame mats.
First, turn to page 53 in the Instructional Manual to see how to cut out the frame. Select <Square 4>, Cut image out at 2 3/4" out of Daisy White Cardstock. You will need 4 pieces but I recommend cutting out 6 just in case you need extra pieces for stamping. Also cut out the picture frame base out of Ruby (2 pieces) and Whisper (4 pieces) cardstocks at 2 1/2" by selecting <Square 4>.


For the first/cover page, I stamp the star in Honey, trees in Olive, sentiments in Ruby, and snowflakes with Bamboo Ink. The embellishment is a retired item from Close to My Heart.



I particularly like how you can color images using CTMH Black Archival Ink. My recommendation is let the images sit for a minute or two before using alcohol markers. Below is how I decorate page two of the card.
 
I hope you enjoyed this greeting card as much as I enjoyed making it. Hopefully you can make your own version and wow family and friends. Happy Crafting.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment