Page Header

Friday, December 13, 2013

Little of this and that-Holiday Cards

So if you are like me you probably have a stash of card making and scrapbooking supplies from various companies. So this holiday I decided to mix and match brand name supplies to create my own design. Here's a just a few of the holiday cards that I've made.

This top card has got to be one of my favorites. I ran into a friend of mine at Michael's Arts and Crafts store last week when she asked for my opinion on some of her purchases for holiday card ideas. She wanted to heat embossed on the card base directly, nothing wrong with that, but then I proceed to explain to her matting the embossed image even with metallic photo frames would add a real impact and professional quality look to her card. So I created this sample to show her what I meant. She loved it and is creating her own versions of them as well. To recreate I used  Recollections card base and stamp. Using metallic paper I had in stock I hand die cut them using a Spellbinders die. The black center with the image is also metallic cardstock. I used Martha Stewart punch to create the ribbon out of metallic cardstock. Lastly, the musical paper was used from a scrap paper that's also found in the Recollections paper packet. Can't remember which one, sorry.

This angel's card was created when a friend of mine thought we should give our pastor hand made cards using angels because we called our bible study group, "the angels". Well I quickly found out I don't have many angel stamps so I purchase a Hero's wood stamp set and made this card using Close to My Heart cardstock (Whisper, Daisy White), Frosted Paper Packet, Neutral Baker's Twine, and a retired Daisy White glitter button. I colored the stamp images using alcohol markers.

This card was made using both Close to My Heart and Recollections paper and cardstock. I used Close to My Heart Polar Bear Holiday stamp and Whisper cardstock. Using Recollections patterned paper and cardstock I made this charming little card. I colored these fun characters using alcohol markers.
 
 
Remember mix and match. I love purchasing items that are versatile for me to use time and time again. Holiday stamps are just the trick. It's Christmas every year, birthdays occur every month, and it's always polite to send a Thank You card. So don't feel guilty for buying these items.
 
 
Don't forget Close to My Heart has an incredible deal when you purchase from the current Holiday Guide. View the 2013 Holiday Guide here.

No comments:

Post a Comment