Page Header

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Is Huntingdon a Fall or Christmas Paper?

I've created this greeting card using Mojo Monday's Sketch # 314 greeting card pattern and Huntingdon Paper Packet from Close to My Heart. I love this paper packet with its fall and neutral colors. Huntingdon in my opinion can be used a both a fall and Christmas paper. Doesn't the Ruby red and Olive green reminded you of Christmas? So I wanted to challenge myself by using Huntingdon Paper packet with both a Fall theme project and a Christmas project. Well you've seen my fall scrapbook layout in a previous post. Below is my Christmas card.

 
In order to create the ornament I used the Cricut Cartridge Artbooking. To recreate cut the ornament base from Olive cardstock  and Olive B&T paper at 9 1/2", Icon, o. To cut out the snowflake, also cut at 9 1/2", Icon, Shift o, out of Olive cardstock . I then used the VersaMark embossing ink pad to  apply the mix of red and gold embossing power. Use your heat tool to set the embossing powder.  I really like the rusty texture feel and look of the snowflake.

 
I cut the top of the green ornament and using 3D foam tape I layered the Olive B&T paper slightly to the right revealing the Olive cardstock. To adhere the snowflake I used a fine tip liquid adhesive.

 
To create a vintage feel to my greeting card I distressed all cut out pieces using Cocoa Ink Pad.
 
 
I had to use a ribbon for my card but who said I needed to use a traditional ribbon? So I grabbed CTMH Ruby Shimmer Trim and cut it at 7 1/4" and a second piece at 1" and a third piece at 1/2". The Shimmer Trim ribbons have an adhesive back to them so just remove the protective backing to adhere it the 7 1/4" piece about 1/2" from the bottom. To create the bow I folded the 1" piece of ribbon so that the ribbon ends touched each other. Since the ribbon has an adhesive back they stay in place. Next, I used a second piece, the 1/2", and wrapped it around the 1" around the middle. You may need to trim the excess. I find that a glue dot is perfect for securing the bow on top of the shimmer ribbon.
 
 
The card measurements and supplies are listed below.
 
 
Card Base: Ruby Cardstock, x5927, measures at 6 1/2" x 5" folded.
Banner:  Huntingdon Paper Ruby B&T, X7174, measures at 3 1/2" x 1 1/2"
Card Mat: Cashmere B&T, back of the Olive B&T, measures at 6" x 4.5",
Tag: Cashmere Cardstock, x5932, is included in the Huntingdon Paper Packet, measures at 3" x 1"
        Olive Cardstock, 1245, measures at 3" x 1"
Sentiment: Stamp Set Merry & Bright, C1510
Ink Pads: Ruby, Z2170,  and Cocoa, Z2114  
Embossing: Versa Mark Ink Pad, Z891, Gold Embossing Powder, Z668, the red embossing powder is now retired so feel free to substitute or just use Gold embossing powder, Craft Heater, Z555
Ribbon: Ruby Shimmer & Trim, Z1848 and Harvest Baker's Twine, Z1751
Adhesives: Tombo Tape Runner, 1514, Bonding Memories Glue Pen, Z553, 3D Foam Tape, Z1151, and Glue Dots, Z341
 


I hope you enjoyed how I put this card together. Feel free to leave feedback or show me your creation. Until next time Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. sweet card...it is a gorgeous paper, I use mine for whenever it suits...I use lots of Christmas papers that are whimsy anytime...hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete