Page Header

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Beware Mr. Otter is Washi

So far I've submitted one scrapbooking page to meet a scrapbooking challenge at SplitcoastStampers by following their bi-weekly sketch challenge SBSC339.

 

 Once I saw the sketch I thought that looks like either a texture challenge or a washi challenge. I thought I could possibly embossed cardstocks and lay them down or use ribbons. Ribbons? Why ribbons when I can use washi tape. So here goes my first scrapbooking layout where the focus is washi tape.  

 When I first discovered washi tape I instantly loved it. I began to collected washi tape and have learned that not all brands are equal in quality. Some tend to tear very easily. Others are just flat out imposters. They are decorative tape (not easily repositionable) and not washi tape (repositionable). Recollections and even Tim Holtz's version tends to tear on me :( 
However,  I haven't experience any problems with CTMH washi tape but want more. I feel a bit limited by the small collection but will definitely incorporate them in more projects. For now, this was my perfect excuse to use my Recollections washi tape and my scraps of cardstock. I used Metallic Navy Blue cardstock and Orange.

 
So how do I store washi tape?

 When I first started collecting washi tape I used a jewelry container because CTMH did not offer a storage solution.

 

Today, I plan to switch to CTMH small organizer and continue to build my collection.
 
http://francisames.ctmh.com/Retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=6884&CatalogID=164
 
Yes, I do own CTMH washi tape see here's proof.
 
I encourage you to view Close to My Hearts for washi tape after February 1st because more washi tapes will become available by then.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment