Page Header

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Just another Girlie Thank You Card

I can't wait to start creating a new scrapbook layout starting tomorrow featuring Brand New Papers from the NEW Idea Book that will become available beginning February 1st. So you'll just have to wait until next week to see my scrapbooking layouts.

This week, I'm participating in a couple of challenges from

          The challenge was to create a girlie card.

          Card Sketch MOJO329

          Color Challenge  CC462

 


The girlie part is all the ribbon, lace, and of course bling. I'm a scrapbooking girl so you know I had to incorporate my most girlie pursuit- Paper Crafts of course! Check out how beautiful the layers look.
 
What can I say I also love texture and adding dimension to my projects. Here layering lace, ribbon, embossed card stock, and of course 3D foam tape brings this project to life. Who doesn't love bling? I just had to incorporate it to keep up with the theme. I tried for a while to track down this retired stamp called Ms. Scrapbooking. I think we have some resemblance like we both have short black hair, and I often create while wearing an apron.
 
If you would like to recreate your own card you'll need the following supplies: Chantilly Paper Packet, Cardstock from Whooo's Your Valentine Campaign (Retired), Pink Glitter Gems, Hollyhock Ribbon (Retired), Daisy White Cardstock, Stamps: Washi Wonder (D1558-Retired), Ms. Scrapbook (B1352- Retired), Sympathy Card Chatter for the "You" (D1476-Retired), and Simple Stitches (C1234-Retired), Stamp Pads: Sweet Leaf (Z2153), Ruby (Z2170), Black Momento Ink, Alcohol Markers, White Satin Ribbon, Foam Tape, Scissors, and Paper Trimmer, Spellbinders die and Sizzix Embossing Folders.
 
Cutting Measurements:

  • 5" x 7" Daisy White Card Base folded
  • 5" x 3" Chantilly Paper (floral pattern)
  • 1" x 3" Chantilly Paper (opposite side of floral is the green pattern)
  • 5" x .75" Light Pink Cardstock
  • 4" x .75" (cut 3 pieces for stamping washi & sentiment) Daisy White Card base
  • 4" x 2" Daisy White Card Base for stamping character
  • 4" x 5" Dark Pink Cardstock for mat
  • 3.5" x 3" Medium Shade Pink Cardstock for mat
My next two posts will be greeting cards then next week I'm hoping to post my scrapbooking layouts. Until next time... keep on crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment