Page Header

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Super Hero Mini Album

I was inspired by the latest Close to My Heart Idea Book (IB) and fell in love with several Workshops on the Go (WOTG) . One in particular spoke to me. I can never forget how many moms have trouble finding great scrapbooking materials to preserve their memories of their little boys. What little boy doesn't like Super Heros? What struck me is also the featured project of Super Dad mini album on page 46. I love making mini albums and this one acknowledges dad: and I'm a daddy's little girl. Also in using WOTG allows me to create a project and still have materials left over to make 12x12 layouts or a second mini album.

I created a similar mini album as the one featured in Spring Idea Book 2012. As you may have noticed the inside of the mini book is not show. This is where creativity flourishes. I hope you will enjoy my work and become inspired to create your own.
 


Front Cover similar to book. I watercolored image & used Liquid Glass over the image.








Stamped the rocket image and water colored. Can't forget my Comic Badges embellishments.






Use stamp images, chipboard, and papers for embellishments. Here I colored chipboard stars, used the stamps even on the stars, and layered strips of patterned paper.




Don't forget to use the flaps for journaling opportunities. Here I used Mini Medley and Baker's Twine Embellishements.





Page 5 and inner flap page. I used the paper boarder, stamped images, and let the patterned paper shine.





I really like how the back of the flap turned out. I scored and distressed the paper to show case the white paper core, a great feature of CTMH products.




 I enjoyed challening myself on using scraps of paper in a great effective way. Here I stacked them to add dimension.









Below is the back cover. I hand stamped a word pattern using the Super Hero stamp. 

 The products that I used were
  • Hero Workshop on the Go (G1037)
  • Mini-Medley Accents Pacifica (Z1698)
  • Baker's Twine Neutrals (Z1701)
  • Super Powers Stamp (C1485)
  • Liquid Glass (Z679)
  • Ink Pads: Pacifica (Z2192), Juniper (Z2165), Black (Z2105), Cranberry (Z2116), Creme Brulee (Z2167)
  • Watercolor pencils (3505): Star Spangled,Sunny Yellow, Cranberry-Super hero
  • Paper bags-lunch bag size
  • Lots of adhesive
Feel free to share your creations, comments and questions. Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment