Page Header

Monday, July 29, 2013

To digital scrapbooking or not?

Have you ever considered digital scrapbooking? I know of some people that only scrapbook digitally and I've dabbled with it in the past to get an understanding of how it is done and if this something I would want to pursue. The saying, "Don't beat it until you've tried it.", comes to mind. So I've tried it and actually enjoyed it. I still say that I love paper, texture, and embellishments. After experimenting with digital scrapbooking through Close to My Heart's Studio J online program I must share with you the advantages of digital scrapbooking.
  1. No need to store lots of crafting supplies
  2. No messes to clean up.
  3. Easy to design a page quickly.
  4. Store the pages digitally which takes up less room
  5. Able to share digital pages online like right here on my blog and share them with family and friends on Facebook.
  6. Easy to make duplicate albums as gifts without extra effort or time.
  7. Printed layouts fit perfectly in a scrapbook.
  8. Can still add embellishments and texture to my printed layouts.
  9. Add flip flaps to make layouts interactive and easy way to add more pictures.
  10. Software is free to use and cost effective.
So am I sold on this idea of digital scrapbooking? I think I want to do both traditional and digital scrapbooking. If my family wants a copy of a layout I think digital scrapbooking may be the key for me to produce more in less time. I can always add embellishments to add texture and dimension that I so love. It's a great way for me to use more of my digital pictures without printed them out.

So here are a few of my creations on   

This is a picture of my brother and his lovely family.  The paper packet used here is current called For Always. Great idea for your next layout using this paper packet right?

I don't think I've ever created a layout about me so I decided to do so here. The paper packet used is current called Claire.

I really like taking pictures of Maine it's just so beautiful. So I just took a few pictures of things that I look forward to when going to Maine. These pictures were taken last year and I plan traveling there again this year. The current paper packet I used here is Tommy.
 
 
Another word about Studio J, you can pick and choose current and discontinued paper packets. So if there's a older paper packet that you loved then you can still selected and create your layout. It's also a great way to play with paper without buying the whole store.
 
I have a few more layouts for me to share with you and many files for me to add pictures to including those with a Disney theme. So if you are interested in Studio J or the pre-made layouts let me know I can send them to you so that you can just add your pictures.
 
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment